My oven was not repaired in time to make it. My Mum had written down a microwave choc cake recipe a few years ago but there were ‘bits’ missing and it didn’t make much sense therefore there was a need, a desperate need, to find a recipe on Internet.
Bingo … found one … made the entire cake within half an hour! (recipe at end of post) Just in time for the school run … Bradley’s karate class … back home … ice cake … decorate cake … make tea and kiddies juices …
… make tea … kiddies juices … blow out candles …
“””Happy Birthday to you … happy birthday to you … …. …. …. “”” !!
…. suck yummy choccie icing off bottom of candles …
HAPPY BIRTHDAY …… CONNOR !!!
Sharing the quick and easy recipe – not as good as my normal oven baked choccie cake but it’s a good standby !!
7 Minute Microwave Chocolate Cake
1 cup sugar : 1 cup boiled water : 1 cup cake flour : 45 ml cocoa : 45 ml oil
12.5 ml baking powder : 5 ml vanilla essence : 2 eggs : pinch of salt
– Spray non stick microwave ring pan
– Beat eggs with sugar and then add oil and vanilla
– Dissolve cocoa in boiling water
– Mix cake flour, baking powder and salt
– Add in cocoa mixture and egg mixture to flour mixture … beat ’til smooth
– Pour into ring pan and micro for 6 – 7 minutes.
– If wet spots are detected micro for further minute – DO NOT OVERCOOK !!!!!!